We have two types of Product in our store.
Items like chemicals, feed, plumbing components, etc. These items get shipped via the method of your choice upon checkout. Nothing special or different compared to other online stores.
Live fish are available for local pickup for free. Select local pickup in the checkout and you can grab everything at once. If you make this selection then we will contact you and arrange a pickup time.
If you need live fish shipped, chances are you will have to drive to an airport to pickup your fish at the time they land. Like picking up grandma at the airport. We make arrangements with you in advance so you know the exact date and time they will land. We are flexible with this as we know people have jobs that come first. We can give you some delivery time options.
- We do not charge upfront for shipping on live fish. When you place your order, if it is fish only, you will see Local pickup as the only shipping option. Put in the comments the destination you want it actually shipped to. If you have general goods in your cart in addition to live fish you will see options for Canada Post Shipping. Select the option you wish the dry goods to be shipped. The fish will not be shipped via this method. In both cases the live fish shipping will be charged once the actual cost is calculated based on your preferred airport destination. We will email you the invoice along with payment instructions via paypal. If you deem the shipping to be too high we will refund the cost of the fish to you and keep them.
- Airports we can ship live fish to:
- NL – St. John’s International Airport – YYT
- NS – Halifax Stanfield International Airport – YHZ
- NB – Greater Moncton International Airport – YQM
- QC – Montreal Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport – – YUL
- ON – Ottawa Macdonald Cartier International Airport – YOW
- ON – Thunder Bay International Airport – YQT
- ON – Toronto Pearson International Airport – YYZ
- MB – Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport – YWG
- SK – Regina International Airport – YQR
- SK – Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport – YXE
- AB – Calgary International Airport – YYC
- AB – Grand Prairie Airport – YQU
- AB – Fort McMurry International Airport – YMM
- NT – Yellowknife Airport – YZF
- BC – Vancouver International Airport – YVR
- BC – Abbotsford International Airport – YXX
- BC – Victoria International Airport – YYJ
- BC – Prince George Airport – YXS
- BC – Kelowna International Airport – YLW
- BC – CFB Comox – YQQ
In the heat of the summer we do have options to ship fish via ground. We do not list these as an option because of complications with temperature and location. We will contact you and discuss this option if we feel we can use it. The time in the box is not our concern. Our fish can survive for up-to 10 days in a box due to the way we pack. But they cannot survive temperatures below 5C or rough handling. If ground is an option shipping cost will be lower.
Local Pickup I have no hassle replacement guarantee. We have never had a DOA fish for local pickup but if it does happen I will replace it.
Shipped fish. You have 2 hours from the time you pickup the fish to send me a picture of it in our box. If you do this I will replace it at my cost. We have not had any dead fingerlings but it may happen one day if the airline is not nice to the packages.